Wednesday 20 December 2017

THE GROWTH: Me,my self and I

       As I grew up, life came to me slowly, and I began to embrace life. I realised I was growing up too fast and my mind was growing with it. I wanted to slow down. I wanted more out of life. I was picking up the pieces of the puzzles and solving them by myself. It was like time was not on my side; I needed to do SOMETHING, to be SOMETHING. I needed to write, to speak for people to hear me out. I thought about a lot of things. I could spend minutes talking to myself just to decide on the next step to take, i still do.
        Now that am all grown, I have come to realize that some things matter and some don't. You have RESPONSIBILITIES. You have CHOICES to make. The ones which will make or mar you. I am not complacent with where I am. I feel like there's a void that needs to be filled in my life. I feel like I am not in the right place. Sometimes I am restless, my thoughts are. Sometimes I am confused, I do not know which way to go, but I keep going, trying any and every opportunity that comes my way. My destination is vague, I don't have my life figured out just yet, but I keep hoping, hoping for something I cannot yet see. I've got many thing to sell out to the world, my gifts, my thoughts, my abilities. "How would they know I can do this", I ask myself. Why can't I just wake up one morning and live the life I've always wanted, dreamt about. Sometimes I am afraid because I'm slowly facing life; the reality of it. Life looks me in the face like "Now that you're here, what you gonna do?" I feel entangled in the webs of REALITY. Now, I feel more conscious of myself, of my body. Yes! My body is changing fast too. I begin to look at my body through a mirror I never noticed was there before. And when i look at the mirror, i see a well-defined figure with the edges, curves, flaws, and weight in the right places. I admire what i see. Then, I smile at the figure in the mirror, and she smiles back at me, giving me hope, assurance that everything is going to be okay, everything life throws at me, i am ready to face it. From that moment, I knew I can face what life brings to my doorstep. She gives me strength. I now realise, I love her. I have loved her even before now, but I didn't notice it. I love that figure in the mirror. I will always love her and nothing can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment